02 มีนาคม 2552

Alstare Suzuki men struggle in Superpole


The new three -session Superpole system was in action for the first time at today's World Superbike opening round at Phillip Island in Australia and caused a few upsets in the finishing order.

With just two qualifying tyres available for the three sessions, it meant that deciding which qualifying tyre to use and when to use it was a bit of a lottery.

A problem with the rear end sliding spoilt Alstare Suzuki's Max Neukirchner's chance of advancement into the final Superpole and Yukio Kagayama was also unable to go further.

American Ben Spies (Yamaha) ended Superpole 1 with the fastest lap, with Max Biaggi (Aprilia) second, Jonathan Rea (Honda) third and Jakob Smrz (Ducati) fourth.

Yukio Kagayama - 11th, 1:31.867:

"Today I had many problems with rear grip . We tried to change the balance of the bike for race tyres this morning and during the afternoon free practice, but there was no real improvement, so I am not so happy with the race tyres set-up. This Superpole is new, so we all have to try and understand how it works and what is the best thing to do at the right time. At the moment I think it is a bit of a gamble but we have to try to work it out. I think this track is very difficult for race and qualifying tyres, but I hope I can still make some good results tomorrow."

Max Neukirchner - 14th, 1:31.916:

"I was very angry when I saw that I was only 14th in the second Superpole session. We have improved the bike, step-by-step from yesterday and I think that our bike will be OK for a long run. I'm happy with the race set-up and now I need a couple of good starts and hopefully some good races."

Final qualifying and Superpole: 1 Spies (USA-Yamaha) 1:31.069, 2 Biaggi (I-Aprilia) 1:31.402, 3 Rea (GB-Honda) 1:31.596, 4 Smrz (CZ-Ducati) 1:31.600, 5 Fabrizio (I-Ducati) 1:31.837, 6 Haslam (GB-Honda) 1:32.112, 7 Checa (E-Honda) 1:32.537, 8 Laconi (F-Ducati) 1:32.649, 9 Nakano (J-Aprilia) 1:31.843, 10 Kiyonari (J-Honda) 1:31.860, 11 Yukio Kagayama (J-Suzuki Alstare) 1:31.867, 14 Max Neukirchner (D-Suzuki Alstare) 1:31.916.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น